On Monday September 6th Governor Kathy Hochul and the Commissioner of Health designated COVID-19 as a highly contagious communicable airborne infectious disease. With this new designation means that all private employers must review and activate their HERO Act plan.
If you already have a plan please review it and implement it as soon as possible. If you do not already have a plan please visit this website and look at the model plan for your business industry and create a plan as soon as possible. https://dol.ny.gov/ny-hero-act
What does this mean for you and your business?
- Your plan is now in effect and you must follow the regulations you put in place
- All new hires must get a copy of your company’s plan of action upon hire
- All current employees must also receive a copy of the plan of action
- The plan of action must be posted or accessible to all employees during any shift
- Your company’s plan of action must be put in the company handbookA designated employee must be selected to
- implement the plan if there is an outbreak of COVID-19
- All employees must receive in-person training or electronic training (zoom meeting, a recorded video sent to employees, etc.) on your company’s plan of action during working hours.
- Daily health screenings before employees enter the premises must start again
If you need help with any of this or you have questions on what this all means for your company please do not hesitate to reach out to us!